The fullness of who you are is not your body. There is a lot of talk about the war on obesity. With so much focus on the pressure to lose weight, we can get caught up in a negative body image and feeling lack of self-worth. There is a difference between aiming for a healthy weight and trying to fit a perfect ideal.
HERE ARE A FEW HEALTHIER WAYS TO LOOK AT YOURSELF AND YOUR BODY:
1. Appreciate all the things your body can do. Stand, walk, run, dance, pick up your child, and hold your loved ones.
2. Keep a list of things you like about yourself that are not related to your weight or what you look like.
3. Exercise for the joy of feeling your body move and grow stronger, not simply to lose weight.
4. Don’t let your weight or shape keep you from activities that you enjoy.
5. Focus on aspects of yourself that you feel great about. Don’t view yourself, your life or events by your weight or size, but focus your attention on who you are.
"We are not our bodies or the image we hold of them."- Oprah Winfrey