Help Yourself While Helping Others! Volunteering has enormous benefits to you and your community. Time is precious and scarce in this busy society, but committing a portion of your week to volunteering is one of the best ways to make new friends, advance your social skills, and increase self-esteem and life satisfaction. Volunteering is good for your mind and your body.
- BOOST SELF-CONFIDENCE - Doing good for others can make you feel better about yourself and give you a sense of pride.
- REDUCE RISK OF DEPRESSION - Volunteering reduces your risk of depression by keeping you in contact with others and building up your social support.
- ADVANCE YOUR CAREER - Experience a new field, build upon skills you already have, a brilliant way to get life experience while positively impacting others.
- ESCAPE THE EVERYDAY MUNDANE - Finding new interests and hobbies through volunteering can be fun and fulfilling. Escape your everyday routine and create balance in your life.
- MEET NEW PEOPLE - Expose yourself to people with common interests, expose yourself to a diverse population of people and make more friends and contacts.
To explore volunteering opportunities and consider what would bring you the most benefit, you can visit volunteermatch.org or volunteeringamerica.gov.
"No one cares what you know, unless they know that you care." - Unknown