Do you want to experience more joy, enthusiasm, love, and happiness? Start by being grateful.
When you are full with feelings of gratefulness there is less room for emotions of envy, resentment, greed and regret. Adopting an attitude of gratitude may do more than just create an optimistic frame of mind, but could also improve psychological, emotional and physical well-being. According to studies over the past decade, people who feel grateful are:
- less likely to be depressed or suffer from alcoholism.
- earn more money
- sleep better
- exercise more and have greater resistance to viral infections!
People have an innate tendency to dwell on problems rather than focus on the good in their lives. Everyone can choose how they feel and look at the world. One way to be grateful is to count your blessings. Keep a journal and regularly record whatever you are grateful for that day. Take time to recognize the positive experiences you have in the world and look for things to be grateful for like:
• Trying something new and loving it.
• Laughing so hard you can hardly catch your breath.
• The loyal, loving companionship of a pet.
• Finding a parking space exactly when you need one.
• Holding your child in your arms.
• Fitting into your favorite clothes.
• Hearing the words, 'I love you'.
Visit www.gogratitude.com to check out the 'Go Gratitude Experiment' and video.
"The struggle ends when gratitude begins."- Neale Donald Walsch