Trick or Treat?
Halloween fun brings costumes, parties and yummy treats. Whether staying home, trick or treating or attending a party, decide to have a safe Halloween with these safety tips:
For trick or treating:
- Choosing a costume. Keep costumes short to prevent tripping, avoid masks that can obstruct vision, keep accessories like swords, short, soft and flexible.
- Walk in groups. Walk on well-lit streets, carry a flashlight and make sure costumes are visible with light colors or reflective tape.
- Check all treats first.
- Be sure walking areas and steps are well lit.
- Keep candle lit jack-o-lanterns on sturdy tables, out of the reach of pets and small children.
- Make sure any pets are secure and safe. Keep them confined and away from the door. Don’t leave pets outside in the yard, prevent pranksters from teasing or worse.Make Halloween a safe, fun and happy time for people and pets.
“There is a child in every one of us who is till a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch." Robert Brault