September is Emergency Preparedness Month and a great reminder to be prepared. Natural and man-made disasters can strike at any time. The National Safety Council recommends the following general precautions that apply to many emergency situations:
- Have an emergency kit in your car and at least three days of food and water in the home for all family members and pets.
- Store all important documents in a fire-proof safe or safety deposit box.
- Make sure to have a family communication plan in place. Include all important phone numbers written down or memorized.
POWER OUTAGE TIPS
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed.
- Disconnect appliances and electronics.
- Only use generators outdoors and away from windows.
- Check on neighbors.
For more information visit https://bit.ly/2oTROEd for a power outage information sheet