Self-care is taking good care of your body, mind and soul every day, not just when you get sick. Self-care benefits you and everyone around you. It takes a lot of courage to dedicate “me time” every day.
5 ways to get started with your self-care include:
- A nightly sleep routine. Aim to get 7-8 hours of sleep per night to feel better emotionally and physically.
- Manage stress. Get outside, take a walk, meditate or just take 10 minutes to yourself.
- Daily exercise helps both physically and mentally to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Eat Right. Aim to cook at home, even if it’s only once a week.
- Schedule self-care time. Moments alone for reflection rest and rejuvenation, moments with friends and loved ones to feel more connected.
“There’s only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” Aldous Huxley