If you love to get outside for a walk or jog, a rainy day can feel like a downer, but there may be good reason to get out in that drizzle anyway. The human body is largely made of water, yet many people feel uncomfortable getting wet. If you’ve ever made a mad dash to the car on a wet dreary day, you may feel like you just ran a relay race. Surprisingly there are lots of studies of weather conditions on a workout and some say it can make you work harder and burn more calories. Here are a few reasons to put on some rain gear and stomp in the puddles:
- Get closer to nature.
- More benefit from working harder and burns more fat.
- Feel cleaner and refreshed from the sprinkle in the sky.
When the clouds roll in, if you decide to give it a try, stay covered with these tips:
- Check the weather map. A little rain is harmless, but wait for any storms to pass if thunder or lightning is on the radar.
- Wear water and windproof clothing that will keep you dry inside.
- Make sure your clothes are brightly colored so cars can still see you.
“Some people walk in the rain, others just get wet.” Roger Miller