Sun, bugs and heat can increase risk of illness and accidents, but these summer safety tips can be no sweat to follow.
Insects. Don’t let bugs take a bite out of warm weather fun.
- Use insect repellant
- Remove standing water
- Wear protective clothing
Don’t get heated.
- Drink water to stay hydrated
- Wear lightweight, light-colored and loose fitting clothing
- Stay cool in the air conditioning or shade
Let the sun shine.
- Apply “broad-spectrum” sunscreen every day with an SPF of 30 or higher and reapply if sweating or swimming
- Wear sunglasses with UV protection and a hat
- Avoid direct rays from 10am to 2pm
- Never leave children or pets unattended in the car, especially in the heat