September is healthy aging month, designed to focus positive attention on the aspects of growing older. Healthy aging promotes taking personal responsibility for one’s health whether it be physically, socially, mentally or financially.
- Set up and go to annual physicals and other health screenings.
- Have fun and stay active.
- Make smart food choices.
- Think positive in a realistic way by staying optimistic and recognizing that things do not always go according to plan.
- Be sincere and honest while being comfortable being your genuine self.
- Have patience with others, including yourself and understand that everyone will not always act the way we expect them to.
- Take the necessary steps to lead to a more financially secure or independent life.
- Practice financial self-control to prevent irresponsible spending.
- Make saving for retirement, having an emergency fund and making good financial choices part of your mindset.
- Bravely work through problems by logically seeking solutions.
- Cultivate gratitude for good things in life, whether big or small.
- Hold yourself accountable when making mistakes and be eager to continuing to learn new things and expand your knowledge and wisdom.
"One of the blessings of maturity is that it sometimes brings one greater courage to be truthful, regardless of what those who do not understand, may think or say.” Napoleon Hill