Fuel costs and a slumping economy make for less in your wallet for school supplies.
Here are a few tips whether shopping for yourself or your kids:
- Dollar stores have a decent selection of paper products, like notebooks, pens and highlighters.
- Garage sales can have calculators, computers, clothes and lots of useful items for college dorm rooms.
- High-tech Hand-me-downs. Sites for swapping or second hand options are Craigslist.com, SwapThing.com, OnceWornNotForLong.com, GentlyLovedClothing.com plus check your local listings for consignments shops in your town.
- Check for student discounts. Some stores offer discounts just for students, so just make sure to ask.
- Buy used textbooks and refurbished computers.
- Bulk Deals. Look for coupons that give bigger savings for buying more.
" I never let my schooling interfere with my education." Mark Twain