Preparing before an emergency is ALWAYS a good decision. Being prepared is a way to help you help yourself. Equip yourself with the proper supplies to weather a crisis in the event of a disaster. Keep your supplies in an easy-to-carry emergency preparedness kit that you can use at home or take with you in case you need to evacuate. Once you take a look at the basicitems suggested below, be sure to consider what unique needs your family may have, such as supplies for pets, seniors, etc.
Basic supply list:
- Water - one gallon per person per day.
- Food - non-perishable items that are easy to prepare
- Battery powered or hand-rank radio
- Medications and medical items
- First Aid Kit
- Multi-purpose tool
- Personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents (medical information, proof of address, home deed/lease, passports, birth certificates, insurance policies)
- Cell phone with charging chords
- Emergency and family contact information
- Emergency blanket
- Candles and matches
- Maps of the area
“Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now.” Alan Lakein